Proactivity is undoubtedly an overused word in the business world. But in the IT arena, the importance of forward-planning and disaster preparedness can’t be overstressed.
So, what precisely is proactive monitoring, and what makes it such a vital service for SMEs?
Put simply, it’s a brilliant aide for companies with an internal IT function, who require additional assistance but not at the capacity that managed IT support provides. Rather than delivering a comprehensive, all-singing, all-dancing package, specialist suppliers can work alongside your in-house team – assisting on technical matters and acting as a trusted external supplier.
So, what are the benefits?
Proactive monitoring is more than just a safety net for your SME. Employing thorough monitoring tech, providers can keep a close eye on your systems – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. This means that any issues with the potential to disrupt your business operations can be spotted and solved before they arise.
Plus, assistance surrounding more complex areas – including the maintenance of back-end networks and servers – is also available. So, if any unexpected technical obstacles or unforeseen problems crop up, your proactive monitoring partner is there to deliver a robust uptime strategy and keep your SME running no matter what.
Sounds good, but what exactly does it cover?
Depending on the provider, proactive monitoring can encompass a variety of different services. At Q2Q, our comprehensive package includes:
- Helpdesk – This enables users to quickly and conveniently raise tickets if they run into any problems, meaning that we can resolve any IT issues swiftly and efficiently.
- Server monitoring – By scrutinising your CPU usage and the overall performance of your server, we can prevent potential problems from arising and keep you updated with any improvements we think would help boost efficiency.
- Managed anti-virus – Malware and viruses are threats facing every company, with potentially disastrous consequences. We provide robust safeguarding against attacks, to protect your IT infrastructure from becoming infected and prevent any resulting disruption to your wider business operations.
- Network monitoring – A single glitch within an IT system can slow the whole thing down, so we ensure all routers, firewalls and switches are monitored, to keep network traffic moving and minimise downtime.
- Reporting – Keeping track of the ongoing health of your IT infrastructure is central to maximising productivity and efficiency, so we compile routine reports and update you frequently with the status of your systems.
- IT consulting – Building a strong working relationship with you is key to our approach, and by acting as your go-to consultant for all IT-related matters, we can discuss any recommended next steps for your infrastructure with you.
We’re passionate about taking the stress out of IT for our clients – get in touch to find out how our proactive monitoring support could help you!
And there’s more!
No two businesses are the same, so we’re flexible with the level of support we provide to our customers and always think outside the box for new ways we can help. So, if you need a bit more assistance from us than the proactive monitoring services outlined above, we also provide the following additional extras:
- Disaster recovery – If an unexpected IT emergency occurs, you want to know you’re in safe hands. Our multi-layered back-up support provides a contingency plan for restoring any lost data, enabling you to focus on running your company whilst we sort out the rest.
- Hosted phone systems – Communication is everything in business, so our hosted phone systems are designed to keep you connected, wherever your staff are located.
- Consultancy support – There’s nothing quite like one-to-one support, so if you’re after additional assistance on a more ad hoc basis, we can arrange for one of our IT specialists to visit you – as and when you need them. You might want an audit of your existing infrastructure and hardware, or need someone to help in your recruitment for an internal IT technician – whatever you need, our consultancy support can be tailored to your requirements.
Keen to find out more about our proactive monitoring services? Or are you in need of a more comprehensive managed IT support package? Or are you unsure?! Give us a call on 01524 581690 to chat through your requirements!