Invaluable IT support and data back-up service for dental practice
Ideal Dental Care (IDC) is an award-winning dental practice, with two sites in Lancashire. Delivering high-quality, tailored dental care to families, the practice relies on robust IT systems to keep operations running smoothly and sensitive data safe.
Q2Q IT was therefore brought in to set up new servers and software, deliver managed IT support and coordinate an efficient back-up system for the practice. Here, Andrea Watson – Practice Manager & Dental Hygiene Therapist – explains how the IT specialist’s support has benefitted IDC so far, and what makes the team stand out from other providers…
- Summary of your business in your own words
We’re a small dental practice with roughly 20 employees across our two Lancashire sites, in Fleetwood and Cleveleys.
- How long have you been working with Q2Q?
Since the start of 2018.
- Why did you choose Q2Q and did you research other potential partners?
Q2Q was recommended to us by a friend at CME Medical. We did research other companies, requesting other quotes and packages to compare, but ultimately decided that Q2Q was the best option for us.
- Which services do the Q2Q team provide for you?
Managed IT support and back-up services.
- What do these services mean on a day to day basis?
We have a dedicated point of contact when issues arise and feel confident that all our data – which is highly sensitive, by nature of operating within the healthcare sector – is backed up safely and securely.
- What difference has Q2Q made to your business?
Q2Q has offered a professional support service and given us complete reassurance that our IT infrastructure is maintained and cared for properly.
- How would you rate the team in terms of:
- Value for money They’re at the top end of our budget, but we couldn’t be without them now!
- Level of customer service Excellent
- Level of knowledge ExcellentResponsiveness Excellent
- Do you think they compare to other IT providers, or do they stand out? If so, why?
The thing that stands out the most for us is the team’s professionalism. From the initial meeting with Damien, to liaising with engineers Ash, Harrison and Phil, to the cheery phone conversations with Jacqui – everyone has been so polite and nothing is ever too much trouble.In comparison to other providers, the set-up documents were really impressive. Damien explains everything with simplicity and avoids using too much jargon, whilst communications with the team are always streamlined and smooth.
- What are your goals for your business, and what role does/will Q2Q play in helping you achieve those?
We’re hoping that once all our new systems have been set up – including new servers and software – it should just be general support, maintenance and troubleshooting that we require. Since we started working with Q2Q, we’ve relied on them heavily, so once this initial infrastructural groundwork is in place, this should settle down slightly!
- Is there a specific team member that deserves a special mention? If so, why?
Ash has been a great help to us and worked so hard to assist us in achieving our goals. He’s always calm and able to provide solutions – even when timescales have been tight. Alongside the vast amount of effort he puts in, he always keeps us updated with progress at all times too, which is hugely appreciated.Damien is very professional and has given us some brilliant recommendations when we’ve asked for advice. He was a key reason behind us choosing Q2Q – he’s so friendly and personable.Jacqui is an asset simply for her beautiful telephone manner – I’d be happy to have her on my reception anytime! And last but not least, Phil and Harrison have also been great – they’re always happy to help!