Tired of working in a dull, unfulfilling environment where there’s very little job satisfaction? Want to be part of a rapidly growing business where every member of the team is involved in the strategic direction, and where the day-to-day environment is forward-thinking and, most importantly, great fun?
At Q2Q, we’re very different from your average IT support firm. Check out our website, LinkedIn and Twitter for more insight into how we work, and pop over to Instagram for a flavour of who we are behind the scenes.
We’re looking for a number of roles, so read on to see if you fit the mould…
Senior Technical Support Engineer
We’re a busy, fast-paced office where all the team gains exposure to new technologies. We don’t believe in the concept of ‘third-line support’, we’re all hands on! So, we’re searching for a Senior Technical Support Engineer with a bucket load of experience and knowledge – combined with excellent customer service skills and the ability to train and inspire the more junior members of the team.
You will independently need to understand, implement and troubleshoot all elements of the following technologies:
- Windows servers up to 2019 – including services such as AD, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy, RDS, SQL and Exchange
- Windows desktop up to 10
- Virtualisation via ESXI or Hyper-V
- SIP phone systems
- Wireless technologies – from single access point to fully managed Ubiquiti, Meraki, or Aruba
- Network technologies and tools including VPNs, Wireshark, IPsec and VLAN’s
- System deployment via WDS
- Disaster recovery and best practice for backups – including cloud-based solutions as well as Veeam, Backup Assist and Backup Exec
- NAS technologies – ISCSI as well as drive/raid config for optimising storage
- Deployment and use of RMM systems for clients
- Office 365 deployment and management.
You will also need to demonstrate a ‘can-do’ attitude, be a genuine team player, and have the ability to talk plain in English – e.g. no tech jargon – in all interactions with customers.
When designing solutions for clients, we will train you to understand and implement the right combination of technology, economy and psychology – ensuring that any solutions are the right fit for the end-user, taking into account how they work and what their budgets are. Q2Q isn’t trying to sell the most expensive, state-of-the-art kit if that’s not what our clients need.
Technical Support Engineer
For this role you’ll need all the same qualities as the senior position and will have experience in all of the areas mentioned above – but maybe you’re not quite there yet in terms of working independently on some of these technologies.
If you think Q2Q sounds like the environment for the next step in your career, get in touch and send your CV and covering letter to: [email protected].
We look forward to hearing from you!