Learn more about Q2Q’s helpdesk supervisor, Harriet Scott, in this quick Q&A.
- Describe your role at Q2Q in one paragraph
As helpdesk supervisor, I ensure that our customers are at the forefront of the day-to-day work we do. I am the first point of call for enquiries and make sure that issues are resolved efficiently and professionally. I also have responsibilities in the accounts side of Q2Q, handling the purchasing of items for our clients and ensuring background tasks run smoothly.
- What’s your favourite part of the job?
I really enjoy getting to work closely with our customers on a daily basis.
- What does it take to be a great helpdesk supervisor?
The key attributes of a good helpdesk supervisor are organisation, customer service, people skills, focus and adaptability, as every call is different.
- If your colleagues could sum you up in one word, which word would they use?
I’d like to say they would comment on my natural charm and wit! They’d more likely describe me as a stickler/bossy/nag – among other things!
- What did you want to be when you were growing up?
Either a pop star, plumber, marine biologist or ballerina.
- The phone rings and it’s your dream enquiry – who would the client be?
Dwayne Johnson – asking me what time I finish work!
- What’s the biggest IT challenge facing SMEs in the current business climate?
Although I work closely with our support team, I am not an IT expert. I do think there’s a stigma surrounding IT though, and it’s really not as daunting as some businesses think.
- What are your hopes for Q2Q over the next 12 months?
Over the next year I’d love to see Q2Q grow, both in terms of customers and internally. We’ll do that by concentrating on what we do best – IT!
- If you could pick any 3 words to describe Q2Q, what would they be?
There are many, but if I had to choose, they’d be fun, approachable and understanding.