Meet Damien Gelder, Q2Q’s senior support analyst, in this speedy team Q&A.
- Describe your role at Q2Q in one paragraph
I head up the support team, working to solve all IT issues for our clients. Due to the varied nature of the role and the different clients we work with, I’m always having to adapt my skillset according to the current needs of our customers.
- What’s your favourite part of the job?
I love the problem-solving aspect of the role – others might find it frustrating when a typical solution doesn’t work, but I enjoy having to think up really out-of-the-box ideas!
- What does it take to be a great senior support analyst?
It requires a lot of energy along with the ability to juggle multiple tasks whilst still remaining calm.
- If your colleagues could sum you up in one word, which word would they use?
- What did you want to be when you were growing up?
- The phone rings and it’s your dream enquiry – who would the client be?
It would be fun to take on a major music promoter, as I’m always singing in the office!
- What’s the biggest IT challenge facing SMEs in the current business climate?
I’d say the biggest challenge lies in the sophistication of ongoing security threats that are released each year, which are specifically designed to target and infect businesses that have left themselves vulnerable to attack.
- If you could change one thing about the IT sector, what would it be?
It’s scary how few people understand the consequences of not backing up their data, so it’s often an upwards battle to help clients appreciate the benefits. It’s such an important – but often overlooked – aspect of data security, especially with the likes of modern cryptolocker viruses.
- What are your hopes for Q2Q over the next 12 months?
To see continued growth, based on referrals from existing happy customers.
- If you could pick any 3 words to describe Q2Q, what would they be?
Dedicated, fun and professional.